MANLY TOP AUSTRALIAN BEACH
Manly Beach has been awarded Tripadvisor’s coveted Travellers’ Choice award of being the best beach in Australia and the 16th best beach in the world.
Of the 6,275 reviews of the beach 60 per cent said it was ‘Excellent’ and 31 per cent said it was ‘Very Good’. The comments were “beautiful beach”, “love Manly” and “beach volleyball”. Bondi came in fifth, the only other beach in the state to secure a place in the top 10 Australian beaches.
Second was Surfer’s Paradise and third was Whitehaven Beach in the Whitsundays. The top three beaches in the world were Grace Bay, Providenciales, in the Turks and Caicos, Baia do Sancho, Fernando do Noronha, in Brazil and Varadero Beach, in Cuba.
Top 10 Australian Beaches
1. Manly Beach — Sydney, NSW
2. Surfers Paradise Beach — Surfers Paradise, QLD
3. Whitehaven Beach — Whitsunday Island, QLD
4. Noosa Main Beach — Noosa, QLD
5. Bondi Beach — Sydney, NSW
6. Four Mile Beach — Port Douglas, QLD
7. Cable Beach — Broome, WA
8. Mooloolaba Beach — Mooloolaba, QLD
9. Burleigh Heads Beach — Burleigh Heads, QLD
10. Turquoise Bay — Exmouth, WA